Lab Analysis- Reflection

Lab analysis reflection

This assignment was an important experience on the path to becoming an engineering student. Being unaware of how to do something and then being asked to complete the task can be frightening. The purpose of the lab analysis was to find examples of labs and asses the areas they do well and where they are missing key content. The initial search gave several examples of labs to use. However, I may have missed an opportunity. Rather than write about technical labs, I wrote about some life science labs I had come across. (Many of us came across the same labs.) The purpose was to asses these labs for their content and these life science labs were simpler to comprehend and are a good transitional step. These Labs were all completed by students achieving some level of education, therefore, these labs can be a learning experience. Depending on the task they will either be addressed to a third party and or a made-up source, or to their professors whom will be grading them. As such the information and what is asked for is at the forefront of the requirements. Because of this professionalism tends to dip in town when discussing labs set in a static location, when field labs were analyzed there was a higher account of professionalism. There are certain features a lab leaves out simply due to the fact they are not needed for the specific situation. Some labs don’t have an abstract, and none of them had an appendix. I believe this was a good experience in analyzing another’s methods and thought process as they go through a lab and take account of the weight and necessity of each aspect.