Lab Report-Reflection

Lab Report Self refection       3-21-18

The Banana based Lab report was one that felt straightforward to comprehend, but at the same time one that required attention to detail and proper formatting. One of my larger oversights would be how my photos were labeled. I did not number them numerically, it is an aspect of writing Lab reports that I will not forget in the future. In addition, I have always struggled with grammar and punctuation, but despite that I try to convey my findings and reasoning in a legible and professional manner.  It is how I present my work and findings that strengthen my credibility as a writer/ engineer. But I tried to follow the models I have observed from the lab analysis assignment. I assessed that all the necessary information had been mentioned and included photographs of the bananas I used as evidence. Thoroughly observing their peels and cores, observing the effects of oxidization. There were some mistakes that had occurred in my attempt of the experiment, I had intended to start my experiment a day earlier but had placed my first bunch in the freezer. By the time I realized this, it had occurred to me I saw the effects of freezing before even conducting my experiment. This made it harder to formulate a proper hypothesis, I had to go with my first guess, that refrigeration would be suitable for preservation. This type of Lab does not require outside resources, but I wanted to understand the science of what was happening before me. I found online articles to explain why bananas turn brown and how freezing effects fruits. I cited my evidence to prove my hypothesis incorrect, this was also supported by the evidence from the frozen banana. In the end it didn’t matter if my hypothesis was wrong or not but rather that as a researcher I learned something about the process of decay and preservation.